Mac & Cheese with Bacon & Green Peas
A comfort classic! We have jazzed up our regular mac and cheese with the addition of bacon and green peas.
Ingredients: Elbow Macaroni, Cream, White Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Green Peas
Cooking: 25 minutes, Stovetop
- In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to boil (6 cups for half order). Season water with salt, 2 teaspoons for full, 1 teaspoon for half.
- Once water boils, add macaroni, cook for 10 minute, until just barely cooked (you want the noodles to not be cooked completely, since they will continue to cook in the sauce.
- While macaroni cooks, saute bacon in a pan with peas until cooked throughout.
- Drain pasta and put the pot back on low heat.
- Add the cream and shredded cheese. Stir, increasing the heat as you need in order to melt the cheese into a sauce.
- Pour bacon and green pea mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!