Vegans go nuts for this pasta dish! Lentils and mushrooms, along with celery, carrot, onion and herbs, cook down into a Bolognese style sauce. Topped with a unique ‘pecan parmesan’ that will have you coming back for more.Pairs perfectly with our Winter Green Salad.
GF pasta option available.
Sample this memorable meal in store the Week of March 5th!
Ingredients: Rigatoni pasta, carrot, onion, garlic, celery
whole tomatoes, vegetable stock, marinara, green lentils, thyme, bay leaf
mushroom, pecan, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper
Cooking: Stovetop 40 minutes
1. Heat about 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
Add the onion/celery/carrot mixture along with bay leaves.
Pick thyme leaves off of sprigs and stir together.
2. Cook for 5-7 until softened and fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in lentils & tomato mixture along with 1 cup water
(1/2 cup for half order)
5. Break up plum tomatoes with a spoon or your hands.
Stir to combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to low & cover.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until
lentils are tender.
8. While lentils cook, bring a pot of water to a boil.
9. Season water with about <FNC2> tbsp salt to enhance flavour.
Add pasta, boil for about 7 minutes.
Drain and serve topped with lentils and pecan ‘parmesan’.