Vegans go nuts for this pasta dish! Lentils and mushrooms, along with celery, carrot, onion and herbs, cook down into a Bolognese style sauce. Topped with a unique ‘pecan parmesan’ that will have you coming back for more.Pairs perfectly with our Winter Green Salad.
GF pasta option available.
Ingredients: Rigatoni pasta, carrot, onion, garlic, celery
whole tomatoes, vegetable stock, marinara, green lentils, thyme, bay leaf
mushroom, pecan, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper
Cooking: Stovetop 40 minutes
1. Heat about 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
Add the onion/celery/carrot mixture along with bay leaves.
Pick thyme leaves off of sprigs and stir together.
2. Cook for 5-7 until softened and fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in lentils & tomato mixture along with 1 cup water
(1/2 cup for half order)
5. Break up plum tomatoes with a spoon or your hands.
Stir to combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to low & cover.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until
lentils are tender.
8. While lentils cook, bring a pot of water to a boil.
9. Season water with about <FNC2> tbsp salt to enhance flavour.
Add pasta, boil for about 7 minutes.
Drain and serve topped with lentils and pecan ‘parmesan’.