This simple, ‘better than takeout’ Asian inspired dish is ready in 30 minutes. Plump Manitoba raised boneless chicken breasts are baked and served with simple sautéed green beans and fluffy, flavourful rice. GF option available.
GF sauce option available.
Cooking: Stovetop & Oven; 35 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a small saucepan, over low heat...
Pour sauce in pan, cook, stirring frequently until
sauce bubbles and begins to thicken.
3. Place chicken in prepared baking dish & brush
with sauce. Turn chicken over and brush again.
4. Bake for 20 mins, basting halfway through.
5. While chicken bakes, prepare rice pilaf.
6. In a medium sized saucepan, on medium heat...
cook butter/onion mixture until onions begin to soften.
Add rice, stirring frequently until coated
with butter & onion.
7. Add water (1.5 cups for half, 3 cups for full order)
stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat,
cover with lid and cook for approximately 18 mins or
until rice is tender.
8. While rice is cooking, sauté green beans in a frying
pan on high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
9. Remove chicken from oven. Serve over rice with
green beans on the side. Garnish with sesame seeds.