Full of flavour and colour, this pasta dish is filled with tender chicken strips, peppers and a light tequila and lime sauce.
Pairs perfectly with our Hy's Cheese Toast!
Ingredients: Chicken, butter, dried cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, chicken concentrate
tequila, lime juice, red onion, bell peper, cream, fettuccine
GF pasta option available.
Cooking: Stovetop & Oven; 35 minutes.
1. Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil:
8 cups of water for full, 4 cups for a half order.
2. While water boils, add the broth and butter mixture along with
1/2 cup of water (1 cup for half orders) to a large pan
over medium high heat.
3. Heat until butter is melted. Stir thoroughly and allow mixture
to boil gently until liquid cooks off lightly and leaves a runny PASTE .
(about 5-7 minutes). Remove paste from pan and set aside.
4. Add the fettuccine to the boiling water. Use a pasta ladle to
separate the noodles often during cooking. Cook for 8-10 minutes
until noodles are tender. Drain water from pasta. Keep warm.
5. While pasta cooks, add the peppers to the same pan and sauté
for 2-3 minutes until peppers are tender.
6. Add the chicken strips to the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes
until chicken is browned.
7. Add PASTE back to pan with chicken/peppers.
8. Add the cream to the pan and boil gently until chicken is cooked
through and sauce has thickened slightly (about 5 minutes).
9. Toss the sauce with the fettuccine.
10. Serve & enjoy!