Always a favourite! Succulent chicken breasts marinade in a honey-Dijon sauce and baked in the oven and topped with mushrooms, bacon and cheese! Side of white rice included in the kit!
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Method: Stovetop and Oven
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Bring 3 cups (1.5 cups for half order) of water to a
boil. Add rice, stir and cover. Reduce heat to low
and cook for 20 minutes until rice is tender
and all water has been absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium high
heat in a medium skillet (oil not included)
3. Sear the chicken in pan for 3-4 minutes per side
or until golden brown. Discard bag of marinade that
chicken was in.
4. Remove chicken from pan and lay flat in a
5. Sauté mushrooms and butter in same pan for
2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
6. Brush each chicken breast with sauce from the
small container & season evenly with spices.
7. Stack each chicken breast with bacon strips,
sautéed mushrooms, and cheese.
8. Bake the chicken for 10 -15 minutes or until the
cheese is thoroughly melted and starting to
bubble. Ensure internal temp. reaches 165 F
9. Supper is ready, enjoy!
Ingredients: chicken breasts, rice, mushrooms, bacon, cheddar cheese, honey, Dijon mustard, butter, lemon juice, paprika, salt, pepper.